"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Good Enough

Carlos Perez on SOAP and REST...

If WS-Security is rarely used, HTTPS is good enough and interoperable web services is via XML Schema validation of documents then it becomes less clear what exactly SOAP brings to the table.

SOAP adherents say REST can't be made reliable. However, argue that point with Bill de Hora who recently published HTTPLR a reliable way of transmitting messages via HTTP. The spec is consistent with HTTP semantics rather than extending or abusing them. In otherwords, reliability without the extra baggage of SOAP.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.