"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Skiplists in C# and Smalltalk

This on data structures recently from MSDN...

Skip lists are an ingenious data structure that turns a linked list into a data structure that offers the same running time as the more complex self-balancing tree data structures... In the latter part of the article, we'll be building a skip list class in C#, which can be downloaded.
Cool.

I recently had a use for a skip list in Smalltalk and could not find code I wrote a significant number of years ago. So I got out the trusty skiplist cookbook.

Fortunately I did not get far before discovering that skip lists are available "out of the box" in Squeak.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.