"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Disconnected

Sean McGrath writes about the new world...

Software people need to realize this new reality and go visit with the hardware people.

The processor will stop doubling in speed and halving in cost. Instead, you will find more and more processors shipping in each computer.

This is the future because the hardware people are creating it that way. The software people need to realize that fact and start figuring out how to use all the processors. This future does not just involve just re-compiling your software. It involves turning it on its head in most cases.

Things are different now.

Disconnect your software: share nothing.

The Simplest Processes That Could Possibly Work.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.