"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2007

PDF Creator -- PDF Print Driver for Winders

I just came across, and started using, PDF Creator. Now when someone sends me a MSFT office document, I can easily save it as PDF for all to use, anywhere, more efficiently. This still happens a lot at large, enterprisey places.

I've bought PDF print drivers for low cost in years past, but this is open source and seems to work fine. It uses ghostscript, and there is an installer with and without ghostscript, depending on if you need that too.

Pick up gsview while you are at it.

3 comments:

john said...

If by "use", you mean "read" or "print", I guess...

Boris Popov said...

CutePDF's been around for ages, works great and is also free (as in beer),

http://www.cutepdf.com/

Patrick Logan said...

"use" -- yes, I rarely "use" MSFT office documents other than read.

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.