"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2007

Flex 3 Deep Linking

The new beta of Flex 3 takes another step or so to resolve webbiness issues. One is becoming more open. Still it's not HTML, but heading in the right direction.

More immediately pragmatic is "deep linking" so the problem of Flash/Flex being a blob of unlinkable bits is significantly less of a problem.

Neet-o. I still think it's better to view a Flex app as kind of like a "browser executable" that reads webs of resources as would any other web client. But doing this *and* being able to deep link to within that "browser executable" is something.

This is most useful when the application is is behaving in ways not easily implemented in Ajax.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.