"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, November 09, 2007

Can't you just use the web?

Someone posted a link recently to an apparently interesting video. Clicking on the link, this is what I get. I'm sorry, I have to join facebook to see your interesting video?

What about just putting it on the web? Gaws.

Patrick Mueller adds in a comment...

Here's the sad part. The movie is already on the web; FaceBook doesn't actually store anything at it's site, it's all pass-through. The movie might well be at YouTube. All FaceBook does in this case is serve as a bottleneck.

2 comments:

Patrick Mueller said...

Here's the sad part. The movie is already on the web; FaceBook doesn't actually store anything at it's site, it's all pass-through. The movie might well be at YouTube. All FaceBook does in this case is serve as a bottleneck.

Anonymous said...

Hear hear!

Trying to watch one of those "facebook movies" might have been the only surprise/frustration I felt using the Internet in ages. :|
And having to upgrade flash didn't help either. :|

Cheers! :)

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.