"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Steve Vinoski's session

Steve is up in the QCon track on SOA and REST. His presentation is set up as a dialog between himself (as REST guy) with a hypothetical SOA guy. That guy's dialog is derived from actual correspondence Steve's had over the years. (He also stated that for the last 15 years he's been constrained by "buy my product" but he has no such ties today).

The session is good, a good intro to REST, but the interaction with real SOA guys in the audience is frightenly familiar to those we've all seen on the web over the years. As he said, he's taking some arrows for later REST speakers today. (Those SOA arrows are pretty weak thankfully. :-)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.