"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Here and Mao

From Naomi Klein...

"When Beijing was awarded the games seven years ago, the theory was
that international scrutiny would force China's government to grant
more rights and freedom to its people. Instead, the Olympics have
opened up a backdoor for the regime to massively upgrade its systems
of population control and repression."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-klein/the-olympics-unveiling-po_b_117403.html

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.