"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Catch 22: Atom is available, but it is all or nothing

Update: This from Blogger in response... There is not a want to publish both RSS/Atom. If you do not want to yet switch to Atom, you can use your RSS feed until you choose to switch to Atom.

So if you want to publish both RSS and Atom from Blogger, let them know.

I can publish Atom if I change a setting in my blogger configuration. But I won't, at least not yet.

I've sent an email to Blogger/Google to explain this. Apparently, (from what I can see in the UI), I have to choose between RSS 1.0 and Atom. I cannot have both, unless I write it myself, and I have no interest in that.

How can the Blogger base switch to Atom this way until all the universe supports it first? How will the universe be encouraged to support Atom unless the Blogger base publilshes it? Catch 22.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.