"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2004

2010

For my money, you either design for inheritance (and this is not an easy task, folks--it requires a tremendous eye for possibility and detail)--or it needs to be prevented.
Again, this is because for all the mechanisms in Java-like languages, they still do not support the reality of software development. Developers get into trouble, and rather than make the developer's life easier, the language designer introduces another kind of straightjacket.

The problem is the straightjacket, not the lack of ten kinds of straighjackets.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.