"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2004

And we only have to wait until 2010!

Let's try to reconcile this...

I think it's going to take until 2010 until we really see the simplicity of Lisp come back to "commercial" programming systems.
with this...
The whole 'partial' implementation of classes will come as a bit of a shock for most old school OO developers, who would probably cringe at the thought of implementing the class in different locations, using different languages for each implementation -- it seems quite messy and unstructured. But if we step back for a moment and think about the possibilities of using this style of code, we can see that its more than just having classes written in different languages, and in different locations -- it's about splitting the 2 layers, control and presentation.
Seems quite messy and unstructured.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.