"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2004

Recovery

Really just one hope comes to mind at the top of my list for 2005. That's a recovery to some new definition of peace and normalcy for the people affected by the tsunamis.

There are two local (to me) really great agencies involved in the recovery. They are Northwest Medical Teams and Mercy Corps, both here in Portland.

There are many agencies ready to take donations and hard at work on the recovery. If you're unsure of which agencies would be effective, these two have a long reputation of doing good work efficiently.

Beyond that effort, the rest of my list would be filled with hopes for more freedom, kindness, understanding, and generosity. Less war. Less terrorism. Less fear.

More health.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.