"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2007

One More Thing

Dan Creswell writes...

the last thing to do is to extend the language
He's speaking about Java in particular but it could apply to all kinds of languages that were never intended for much extension.

Do you want extension? Use Lisp, or Ruby, or Smalltalk. They've proven themselves very well for extensions to one degree or another. Certainly Lisp.

Otherwise choose a reasonable language(s) and use them. Don't pile more stuff on them than they can bear.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.