"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cruft

Steve Loughran notices there's some cruft in there...

On a related note, the JRE is full of unwanted legacy cruft like an inadequate CORBA runtime, AWT, etc. While something like an XML parser is ubiquitous and stable, choosing SOAP is itself a decision, and choosing Sun's SOAP stack over more popular alternatives is a serious decision. Hard coding Sun's client may seem like a good thing, but in fact just makes it that much harder to upgrade to JAX-WS 2.1

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.