"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2008

Enterprise 2.0

Bob Warfield writes...

"Very little in the way of Enterprise Software has properly understood
the potential impact the web has on that niche or how to even begin to
respond to it."

http://smoothspan.wordpress.com/2008/10/21/is-enterprise-20-a-real-trend-or-a-bubble-that-has-burst/

Every success I have seen in enterprise IT has been based on making
essential data better, and/or making the technology of getting to that
data simpler. Web 2.0, and by extension Enterprise 2.0, is about
"social" computing. The societies withing and around an enterprise are
by necessity based on the core information of that enterprise.

The web now *is* the way to make data better and accessing it simpler.
If the future of your enterprise IT is not making it more like the
web, what the heck *is* the future of your enterprise?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.