"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

P&G Goes Direct, More Or Less

Financial Times on Proctor and Gamble's moves toward direct-selling products over the web...

Procter & Gamble is testing its ability to use the internet to sell its toothpaste, household cleaners and nappies directly to US households, in a potential long-term strategic challenge to its retail partners...

In another indication of the flux, Wal-Mart, P&G’s largest customer, is hiring a strategy executive whose tasks include assessing the potential effect of direct-to-consumer sales by its own suppliers.

Nappies? Oh yeah... Financial Times is a UK publication.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.