"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 09, 2003

Learn from this, like this

However, I think that it makes the student's choice crystal clear: become a computer scientist, not just a programmer, because if the IT locomotive does decide next year that some new thing is better, you'd better be as adaptable or you'll get left in the dust.

You want to learn computer science, or anything really, from people with advice like this. You may end up even contributing to the next new thing.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.