"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Edd Dumbill on XML and Databases

Edd Dumbill makes an interesting observation about XML and databases based on submissions to XML Europe 2004...

Databases. Though there's a reasonable amount of interest in the W3C XML Query language, there's not much to say about XML and databases. It doesn't seem to me that the integration of XML with relational databases has taken off in the way we once thought it might. Is this just a temporary lull in the convergence activity? Probably.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.