"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2004

You want a dynamic language, you *need* a dynamic language

This blog hasn't been taken down in months, but I've made major changes to the underlying code base...

And none of the weird jumping through hoops that .NET requires for this sort of thing either. If you want zero downtime, you need a dynamic language. If you like restarting every time you need to make a change - sure, go grab one of those mainstream systems.

...James Robertson, wherein he also quotes Keith Mantell...
With Smalltalk (at least with Visualworks) this was a breeze: added the code for a variable, accepted it and, hey presto, any inspector open on an instance got a new variable field set to nil.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.