"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2007

On The Other Hand: Don't Fidget With Widgets

Peter Fisk puts the net in its place. Well, he makes reasonable parallels anyway.

As for "newer" things like flex, xaml (silverspoon or something?), hey, the same ideas have been around quite a while too. Sending GUIs and graphics over a network was not unheard of in dynamic languages in the late 1980s.

If only someone had made NeWS a bit more available.

Don't fidget with widgets, draw!

When run on workstations with 10 MIPS or faster processors, interactive response is excellent, indicating that ezd’s simple structured graphics drawing model can be widely applied.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.