"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I Love This

Adobe and MSFT going head to head, competing for the most appealing, most open, next-generation web client technology. All of a sudden the web is a lot more interesting than just tracking what ajax toolkits run in which versions of what browsers in order to get us more than green screens of zzzzzzzzzzz.

Browsers and HTML were great because they got the UI out of the widget builder era. All of a sudden there were no rules for how pleasingly creative a UI could be. But that was the 1990s.

Now the new tools are putting back good things from the structured graphics era, including those widgets, but they retain the creative flair of the HTML era.

Let the atom, json, structured graphics era begin!

1 comment:

Garrett... said...

I wonder if Adobe and MS would be competing in the "most open" category if it wasn't for those boring open source AJAX frameworks.

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.