"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 05, 2007

Equivocate: To avoid making an explicit statement. See Synonyms at "lie".

Mark Baker wisely points out...

There are, of course, a very large number of automated solutions to a particular problem.

...if you don’t feel disdain towards a lot (97%?) of these solutions, then you simply don’t understand what it means to be a software architect.

There is too much equivocation in our field. It's hard enough building software when you've got good tools at hand.
e·quiv·o·cal (-kwv-kl)
adj.
  1. Open to two or more interpretations and often intended to mislead; ambiguous. See Synonyms at ambiguous.
  2. Of uncertain significance.
  3. Of a doubtful or uncertain nature.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.