"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Award for best OSCON line on a Wiki or web page...

...so far goes to Kevin Altis for:

Note to those of you not used to the lawns west of the Rockies; there are no chiggers here, so sitting on the grass is fine :)

So true. I used to hate those damned itchy bastards. Which reminds me to stay of the grass in shorts when I go to Ohio in a couple of weeks.

Argh.

From the referenced web page...

Probably no creature on earth can cause as much torment for its size than the tiny chigger... Their bites produce small, reddish welts on the skin accompanied by intense itching as irritating as acute cases of poison ivory or poison sumac. These symptoms often are the only way of learning that an outdoor area is infested since chiggers are so small that most cannot be seen without a magnifying glass.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.