"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Kay to receive the Turing Award

If anyone is due, it would be this person. Alan Kay to receive the ACM Turing Award for his innovation of Smalltalk.

The "Oy" comment in the article: Today, the language is credited as the model for C++ and Java.

Oy.

Nevertheless I cannot wait for his Turing Award lecture. This would be worth attending in person. He tends not to hold back.

Another good introduction to Alan Kay.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.