"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

WSDL and the New Reality

And now for WSDL in that discussion over there and beyond... I don't know whom to point to in this.
Ironically enough, the same problem faces WSDL right now--particularly with all these vendor toolkits running around, claiming to take your existing Java or .NET interface and create a WSDL document out of it, how can you NOT assume that WSDL == IDL == object interface?
In any case, should we admit that the WSDL and SOAP contingent switched horses mid-stream?

I'll admit this was a good switch, but it was a switch nonetheless.

The interesting question is are programming languages adapting to the new reality?

Java is taking on some steps to support isolated virtual processes. But what about others? What about pattern matching?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.