"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2005

New for Who?

Depends on what the meaning of "new" is...

I firmly believe that the new advances in languages will borrow heavily from languages invented three decades ago such as Lisp and Smalltalk.

According to Alan Kay, computer professionals were smarter back then, because computing was still an esoteric technology. Now, we have a pop culture when colleges are essentially vocational schools.

...from Wesner Moise.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.